Hedgd Limited (“we” or “us”) take the privacy of your information very seriously. Our Privacy and Data Protection Policy is designed to tell you, the user of our site about our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about you that may be provided via our website and our associated apps or services (the “site”).
By using the site or any services we offer, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information about you in accordance with, and are agreeing to be bound by, this Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
2. Ways that we collect information
We may collect and process the following personal information or data (information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you:
- Information you supply to us to express interest in a service we offer;
- e-mail addresses and passwords;
- phone numbers;
- records of any correspondence between you and us;
- replies to any surveys or questionnaires that we may use for research purposes;
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access;
- information we may require from you when you report a problem with our site.
- information we may require from you when you report a complaint.
We only collect such information when you choose to supply it to us. You do not have to supply any personal information to us but you may not be able to take advantage of all the services we offer without doing so.
Information is also gathered without you actively providing it, through the use of various technologies and methods such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies. These methods do not collect or store personal information.
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the Internet. It is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address can only be traced back to your ISP or the large company or organisation that provides your internet access (such as your employer if you are at work).
We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and to administer and improve the site.
We may use this information to:
- ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and customise the site to your preferences;
- assist in making general improvements to our site;
- assist in the administration of our services;
- allow you to participate in features of our site and other services;
- assist in making general improvements to our services;
- carry out and administer any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- contact you and notify you about our services (except where you have asked us not to do this);
- analyse how users are making use of our site and for internal marketing and research purposes;
- analyse how our site and services are used.
4. Sharing your information
We do not disclose any information you provide to any third parties other than as follows:
- If we need to disclose information as part of our services.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
- We may use your personal data in order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements for our services that may apply.
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We may use your personal data to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our suppliers, clients or customers.
Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so.
When you visit the site our web server automatically records your IP address. This IP address is not linked to any of your personal information.
We may also gather other non-personal information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of your internet browser which we use to provide you with a more effective service.
When you visit the site we may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Please see our cookies policy for more information about the cookies we use.
6. Access to and correction of personal information
We will take all reasonable steps in accordance with our legal obligations to update or correct personally identifiable information in our possession that you submit via the site or provide to us by any other method.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you wish to see details of any personal information that we hold about you please contact us by way of our contact page.
We take appropriate steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our site or provide it to us via any other method and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Where you use passwords, usernames, or other special access features on the site, you also have a responsibility to take reasonable steps to safeguard them.
7. Other websites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of sites that are not operated by us, even if you access them via the site that is operated by us. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
In addition, if you came to this site via a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
8. Transferring your information outside of Europe
If you use our site while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your information outside the EU in the manner described above.
10. Contact us
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by going to the “Contact Us” section of our website.